Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kashmiri Dum Aaloo

Hi Friends,
Today's recipe is a sweet and tangy curry named Kashmiri Dum Aaloo. I must confess that you may not find it in Kashmir as this is my own recipe and I named it Kashmiri Dum Aaloo- now please don't ask me the logic as there is none except I had to give it a name..you just enjoy it with parathas.

KASHMIRI DUM AALOO:













INGREDIENTS:
Aaloo ( Potatoes)
Dahi (Curd)
Cheeni (Sugar)
Garam Masala
Haldi (Turmeric )powder
Lal Mirchi (Red chili) powder
Namak (Salt)
Hara Dhania (Coriander leaves)
Tejpatta (Bay leaf)
Laung (Clove)
Dalchini (Cinnamon)
Choti Elaichi (Green cardamom)

METHOD:
Wash and peel medium sized potatoes and prick them with fork for better absorption of gravy. Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
Take curd and add garam masala, lal mirch powder, haldi powder,salt  and a little sugar in it. Mix well and add fried potatoes. 
Let the potatoes marinate in this mixture for atleast an hour.
Take a little oil in  a thick bottomed pan on gas. Add tej patta, laung, dalchini and choti elaichi in it and fry for a minute. Add potatoes and curd mixture in it and cook till done.
Garnish with hara dhania and serve hot with parathas- you can serve it the way you like, I just shared my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment